Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Elton John 21st Theme Cake

An Elton John Themed 21st cake, with only two requests - it had to taste good and include sunglasses.  Now this had me thinking! I suggested a cake representing various Elton John songs, and had complete control of the design.  This can be a little stressful, as you hope what  you present is close to what the customer had visualised.

Elton John's song list filled me with inspiration!  The cake represented 15 songs, some may say 16. Can you guess them all? (answers below)

 

 
  1. Bennie and the Jets
  2. Blue Eyes
  3. Candle in the Wind/Goodbye England's Rose
  4. Circle of Life
  5. Crocodile Rock
  6. Don't  Go Breaking My Heart
  7. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me.
  8. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
  9. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
  10. Pinball Wizard
  11. Rocket Man
  12. Sad Songs
  13. Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
  14. Shooting Star
  15. Tiny Dancer
Happy to say the cake was a huge success on all fronts!

1 comment:

  1. Some of the representations were somewhat cryptic like Sad Songs, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Circle of Life, all of which made me think! And I guessed Shooting Star but without realising it was a song of his, as it's not one I have familiarised myself with yet - shame on me but well done to you.

    It certainly was a surprise to see my family organise this cake for me. It not only looked stunning but it tasted good too. All up it was a fantastic cake... you could even say it was Captain Fantastic. Hahaha.

    Thanks again,
    The Birthday Boy.

    ReplyDelete